Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Exciting News - Jewellery by Cari-Jane Hakes featured at BAFTA awards, 8 May 2011

I am so excited to share with you that my jewellery made it to the BAFTA Awards ceremony in London on Sunday 8 May.

County Hall, London, 8 May 2011
From Left to Right Ms Rebecca Edwards, Mr Darren Jonusas, Mr Peter Norrey, Miss Cora Wallet and Mr Gideon Bradshaw
You never can tell with these things.  Last minute dress changes can mean planned accessories are suddenly no longer required.  Not so in this case!  My 'Fiercely Feminine' silver necklace, complete with its flashy blue labradorite stone was treated to a grand day out.

Miss Cora Wallet wearing jewellery by Cari-Jane Hakes, County Hall, London, May 8 2011
A fabulous tea party (not dissimilar to my Saturday Dreaming post) looking out over the River Thames towards the Houses of Parliament followed by the glitz and glamour of the BAFTA ceremony in the City of London.

BAFTA Ceremony, London, 8 May 2011
Thank you to Cora Wallet for choosing to wear the necklace.  She made a good choice don't you think?

You can see more detail on the necklace here.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly did!!!!! How exciting, congratulations!...still, I'm more excited about my pieces.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Soap Deli New Blog! and Andrea - I love love love the pieces I've made for you - I think I may have to invest in some other big stones. I'm actually sad to see them go - I will just have to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this where I write to tell you that Cora actually forgot the necklace in a dashing rush to exit the house, the stress levels were so high. Halfway to the train station (about 3.5 minutes walk) she realised that she'd forgotten her jewellery. She begged to go back and get it. At this point I just became resigned to the idea of being late. Anyhow on her return she was really dazzling and smiling and it made such a difference to the outfit. Now, I'm a man and therefore I know very little (nothing) about this sort of thing but I understood in that moment what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter, I did not know! Now, as I always say, jewellery (well, specifically the jewellery I make) elevates an outfit from 'Ready to Wear' to 'Couture'. I rest my case and I am all the more happy for your insight into what makes us women tick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...