Monday, April 11, 2011

A Monday Montage of Mostly Yellow

I am surrounded by yellow. As I run on the narrow roads between the fields the oilseed is a wall of green topped with sunshine.  It is taller than me.

Pole Jaune by labokoff on Etsy
So really it should be no surprise that this piece by labokoff caught my eye.

Running Fields, Cari-Jane Hakes, 11 April 20011 1615hrs
Elsewhere today I managed to capture a dandelion clock in mid 'tick',

Tick Tock, Cari-Jane Hakes, 11 April 2011 1630 hrs
and inside, a rare moment of calm on the dinner table.

Apples, Cari-Jane Hakes, 11 April 2011
On the bench - there is slow but steady progress - hopefully I can give you a sneak peak tomorrow.  Until then mes amis!

PS - My apologies to Linda of Odd and Old as I know she is not a fan of this colour :)

2 comments:

  1. Cari-Jane - my colour of the moment!! I seem to be seeing it everywhere, I don't know if there is more around or if I just have my 'eye in' for it. Maybe a litle of both. Thanks for your pics and for the mental image of running through "a wall of green topped with sunshine." I know that sight well....yellow so bright it almost makes your eyes hurt on a sunny day. For me yellow signifies smiles and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Emma - glad to be adding to your 'I see yellow everywhere!'....I think once we pick up on a colour we definitely seek it out. It's like when you learn a new word and then suddenly it crops up in articles, the news, in conversations. It was probably always there but we just get more tuned in to its presence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...