Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snoop my Stuff

Following Andrea of Strong Southerly I decided to take part in Kootoyoo's Snoop my Stuff.

I was suffering from a little bit of 'post-visitor-itus'.  You know how it is.  You have someone to stay.  You get used to them being in your home and then when they leave there is a person shaped hole in your day.

I was just sharing with Andrea my top tips for getting out of that 'I would rather hide under the bed than face this day'.  Top of my list is cleaning.  Straightening out my home seems to have the effect of straightening out my mind and stops it turning in on itself.  So, as you can see, my little work place was ready for its close up!

Sketchbook and Blogging workspace, Cari-Jane Hakes, March 2011
This is my favourite corner in our little house.  A mix of Muji and Ikea.  Cheap, cheerful and cozy.  The little bird print is by FreyaArt on Etsy.  I bought one of her calenders so each month I have a lovely little miniature print from her range to frame.

On the desk
Elsewhere, painting and drawing paraphernalia next to a photograph of me and Mr H. renovating our first flat in London and a lovely new book on Orla Kiely from the equally lovely Helen from henkalullah.

Book of the Month - Pattern by Orla Kiely
Regulars to this little corner of cyberspace will be well acquainted with Cedric.  He has featured heavily in my Sketchbook Project 2011 for Art House Co-op (for example this post).  He can mostly be found here, on the back of my rocking chair, keeping watch.  He was handmade in the UK by Owl.

Cedric, keeping and eye on things.

Some exciting news for you all tomorrow!  Until then my friends.

5 comments:

  1. Great couch!! Love the arms on it.... oh, and that rock - I have on very similar. How funny. And the pebble shaped timber 'stones' are so beautiful.....I'm also spying lots of photos of little people ;). Right now I am off to follow your links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love everything about your space! It's so warming and homely. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know, for me, I can imagine sitting on the carpet, not the couch, with two bubbas cooing and dribbling and gooing and gaa-ing at us. Only thing we had to worry about was not spilling hot tea on their toes (or biscuit crumbs in their mouths). Ahh, sweet memories. (oh, and we had to worry about the other two mini-tornadoes who were probably whipping up trouble in a room elsewhere....) aaaaand, it's not something that happened in THIS corner of your world, but another corner, a long, long, time ago, in a place far, far away. Thank you for sharing this space. Love, Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this is so lovely! I really like the wall covered in pictures , it's so personal and it would make me smile, if those were my friends and family I got to see everytime I looked up from my desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, Hana, the lovely Mrs. L. and Filipa - I'm so glad you all like it. And yes, Mrs. L. - it is that very same rug from those Central London days. I think it is happier here though...lots of sand between its 'toes' :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...