Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Six Memos for the Next Millennium

It has been a long long day trying to get the two last rings from the 'Six Memos' series finished. As far as the photograph goes, this is work in progress. I need to wait for some natural light.

Six Memos For The Next Millennium, rings by Cari-Jane Hakes, 2011
These rings are based on the five chapters in the book by Italo Calvino titled 'Six Memos for the Next Millennium'.  I don't mind admitting they have taxed and vexed me for some time.  This series has pushed me conceptually and technically in every single area.  All the wrestling has left me pretty much unable to string a sentence together.  So if you'll forgive me, I'll save the more detailed discourse for another day.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they are great Cari, it would seem a shame to split them up. I am making you a virtual cup of tea! Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.. im glad you survived them, so i could tell you how fantastic they are!! Oh, and i know what you mean about the photos.. every Sunday i race the sunshine.. i set an alarm so i dont miss the perfect glare! ~well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you Jamie and Helen! After the day I have had of email issues, printing issues, saving to disk issues and then half day opening of rural post office issues - your comments are sweet music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Calvino...trying to think whether I know that book though...might have to pop it on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...