Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life in the old dog yet...

A belated birthday present from the lovely Mr. H.  and evidence of a mis-spent youth buried in books.  Ipso facto I have to make up for it now.  It may be some time till I'm good enough to join the Longboard Girls Crew in Madrid.

New Longboard, photo by the Lovely Mr H. March 2011
Elsewhere today, I am making maquettes to test some ideas before committing to their creation in silver and when I photograph them (to try and capture the patination of ruby red that the torch leaves behind) they begin to loose their scale.

Six Memos For The Next Millinnium Ring Maquette, Cari-Jane Hakes, 2011
And for a moment, they become architectural, drifting between the size of my hand and the shard like walls of Richard Serra's Fulcrum in Broadgate, London.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of you Mrs H. Fab. And you're only as old as you feel....you old fruit! Haha! I will never tire of it now! Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, wouldn't mind one of them myself - and if i didn't live in such a hilly little haven i would probably invest in one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...