Thursday, March 3, 2011

500 Felt Objects, Lark Books

I always give the pieces I make titles.  No 'untitled 1' and 'untitled 43' here.  There is always meaning and intention behind every necklace, brooch, ring and cuff.  The title is my chance to condense all of that into a few salient words.

A Life Without Love is Like a Year Without Summer, brooch by Cari-Jane Hakes 2010
In this case I found a phrase that encapsulated everything I was aiming to say with this piece.  "A life without love is like a year without summer" is a Swedish proverb.  I submitted this brooch for inclusion in Lark Books upcoming publication '500 Felt Objects' and  it was accepted.  You can see a little preview of the book here and I understand it will be on sale in September 2011 (also see here for other books in the series).

Detail from A Life Without Love is Like a Year Without Summer, brooch by Cari-Jane Hakes 2010

I think a small celebration might be in order!

6 comments:

  1. if i lived close
    cari i'd crash
    your celebration
    how great to get
    accepted
    recognition for efforts
    is so important
    love the juxta
    of hard and soft
    and i am sometimes guilty
    of untitleds
    ...

    °°°

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh Linda...I won't hold it against you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are such a clever gal. Love Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece I look forward to seeing it in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Thea - I look forward to seeing your work too! Can't wait for my book to arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...