Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fresh off the Bench...

They still need to be de-swarfed, cleaned and polished but I thought you would all like a sneak peek.

Spring Field Necklaces, new work, February 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Spring Field Necklace, Grasses, New Work, February 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Spring Field Necklace, Grasses, detail, February 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Spring Field Necklace, Allium, February 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
There are two more waiting to have their leaves put on - by Friday they will be ready to be listed in the Etsy Shop.

4 comments:

  1. like like love
    (can a gal be de-swarfed?)
    x

    °°°

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I actually meant the necklaces...but I'm sure there was a bit of swarf on me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh...like love too..

    ....what are the materials of the grasses part...it looks like an etched surface?? Love the new page bar too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea - it is all enamel, coloured glass fused to a copper base plate in a kiln. It has been fired twice. Once to get the back ground colour and then a second time to get the white. Although, actually, the left hand side in the first pictures has the ghostly image of a previous firing underneath which I LOVE so much - gives it a bit of depth, perspective. I am a complete convert to enameling (can you tell??). I used to think it was very 'un-cool' until my eyes were opened to a ton of new possibilities by my teacher Joan MacKarell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...