Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Sketchbook Project 2011 - the final days

The journey is almost over.  These last few pages have been hard work and have been the source of a few late evenings.

Pages 64 and 65, The Sketchbook Project 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Pages 66 and 67, The Sketchbook Project 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Pages 68 and 69, The Sketchbook Project 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Pages 70 and 71, The Sketchbook Project 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
"A place where her few precious things could anchor, where her head could rest, where her dreams could settle.  As she moved though she came to an understanding that 'home' was not a place bound by coordinates or fixed by lines of longitude and latitude."
Pages 72 and 73, The Sketchbook Project 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
"It rested somewhere between her head and her heart.  It was the place where Cedric's head rested when she held him close to her."

Pages 74 and 75, The Sketchbook Project 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes

I'll be back tomorrow with a brief tutorial on how to do a quick smudgy sky like those on pages 66 to 69.

Only two more double spreads to go!  I can feel the back pocket of the moleskine through these remaining pages.  The end is in sight.  It has been a  marathon.  I'm so glad you all came along for the ride!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mrs H...I've been adoring this journey. My now official favourite page I'm almost certain of it, is 71. I didn't know about E8, but so many memories of SE1. I cried. Oh, you are such a clever, clever lady! Much love, Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, a sojourn in Hackney - brief but most memorable - it was a declaration of independence (of sorts). And thank you Mrs. L. although I don't mean to drive you to tears....I take it as a high compliment xx Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost feels like wrong for this sketchbook to end up with piles of others roaming the USA.....It would make such a beautiful book, if it was published people from all over the world could see it..like me!
    Meanwhile, enjoy your trip to the post office

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Andrea...I have a plan! I have done my own scans and plan to turn it into a http://www.blurb.com/ book. I really in all honesty couldn't send it off if I was unable to replicate it as a book in some way. I need to do a bit more research but it seems to me that blurb allow other people to order the book too! Or maybe I will do a limited edition run via blurb....hmm...we shall see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...