Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Mosaic

A big thank you to Jewels by Renee for including one of my Winter Song brooches in a Flickr Gallery.  I am featured on the bottom row, 4th from the left.  I sold this piece in 2009.  It was a canvas of wintered cow parsley against the warmth of a golden winter sun.

'So many brooches so little time' by Jewels by Renee on Flickr

On the back I stamped the lyrics from 'Winter Song' by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson.  Regular readers will already know of my love for this piece of music (more here).  It has inspired a fair few brooches!
Winter Song brooch / necklace, detail on back plate, Cari-Jane Hakes
I added a little bit of tubing to the brooch so it could be worn as a most magnificent pendant.  Seeing it again makes me want to re-create it, evolve the design a little bit.  Now, if I could only get my hands on a hydraulic press....(one day, one fine day, it will be mine).

Jewels by Renee also has an Etsy shop.  I am particularly in love with this button brooch!

via on Pinterest

Aptly named 'For the Love of Buttons'. You can find her Etsy shop by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...