Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mark the date - a new acquisition

While we are in that part of the year where every day brings a new deadline (last date for posting international Christmas cards, X number of shopping days till the end of the world and so on) I thought it was time to introduce you to my new acquisition.

Big Date Stamp, Cari-Jane Hakes

I've never seen anything like it!  So when I saw it in Oh Buoy's Etsy shop I knew it belonged, here, with me.

The 23rd of February, Cari-Jane Hakes

And just how beautiful are these numbers and letters?  The colour and the cracked, perished surface.  I hold it and wonder what the story is behind it.  Did it belong to an Uber Librarian with giant books?  Or a slightly neurotic office clerk who would wield this unwieldy date stamps on days when he felt no one was listening to him?

The 45th of April,  Cari-Jane Hakes

I may very well get a new band made by Blade Rubber to replace the missing 'year' loop and change it to something else.   In the meantime, I think I'll just keep making up stories about its previous owners.  Who do you think might have had reason to posses a date stamp the size of a dinner plate?  And why did the date have to be writ so large?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...