Friday, December 10, 2010

'Home' - a necklace

Where is 'home'?
Is it a place made of bricks and mortar? Is it a country? Is it where your suitcase lies open? Or somewhere on the road, in between somewhere and nowhere?
'home' necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes
I have never lived anywhere for longer than 5 years. Home for me is somewhere between my head and my heart. In my head, it is a place that logically and practically is where I live. My heart tells me that 'home' is somewhere else. It is the people I love. It is the place I share with friends. It is table around which family gather. I've made this necklace to sit exactly halfway between the two, the head and the heart.
'home' necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes
Ingredients: sterling silver and nothing else!  Who ever snaps this one up can have it personalised. The 'steam' of the leaf can be stamped with up to 5 initials (or a word) in lower case letter stamps. The initials of those who you love or a place or anything you want!  They can be stamped on the front or the back of the steam.
Leaf detail on 'home' necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes
This necklace can be worn in three ways.  Just the leaf and stem, just the 'home' tag or both together.  The leaf skeleton is one that I found when foraging for materials for my Christmas wreath. 
'home' necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes
It is over in the Etsy shop now.



1 comment:

  1. How beautiful. So apt for me right now, as here I am at 'home' where my suitcase lies open....xx Mrs L

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...