Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What I caught in my net today

So, here is the problem.  As a fairly fresh 'autopreneur' I don't have enough sales yet to know what is selling - if you know what I mean.  For the first part of the year I was in 'epic' mode.  Everything was detailed, meticulous, took a week to make.  You get the drift.  Bottom line is, I can't sell the stuff just 'for the love of it'.  I am not an Etsy hobbyist.   I switched gears in the late summer and began to create pieces that didn't take days on end to make.  Now I'm in limbo.  Half of my stock is in a 'Winter Showcase' at Atelier Jewellers and the rest is on Etsy.  All of this makes me feel a bit....

Meh Pillow by YellowBugBoutique

This cushion made it to the Etsy front page.  I naturally clicked on it because that was exactly how I was feeling.  The Seller's description had me in stitches! And I quote.. 

"Here in our fabulously exciting, over-stimulated Yellow Bug Bungalow, we sometimes get completely overwhelmed by the joy! the wonder! the pure delight that each day brings! In such moments, we often find ourselves swinging from the chandeliers and singing "I Gotta Be Me" at the top of our lungs.

It's hard to keep the shop stocked when we're in such moods.

So here's our antidote - the meh pillow. This baby will suck the over-enthusiasm out of a room faster than you can say "Paula Abdul". Just give this pillow to your overly optimistic boss, your chihuahua with an hyperactive bladder, or your friend who's waaay too into politics, and watch the tone come down to post-Ritalin levels."


aujourd'hui by Cari-Jane Hakes


Again, time to take on board some of my own advice from last Wednesday and dispel the 'Meh' cloud that was beginning to descend and settle on my shoulder.


aujourd'hui boy 1 by Cari-Jane Hakes


If you go down to the beach here at midday.....it is empty.  Any self respecting French person is much too busy having lunch!


aujourd'hui shells by Cari-Jane Hakes


aujourd'hui boy 2 by Cari-Jane Hakes


The 'meh-ness' has washed away with the out going tide.  I feel some epic-ness stirring in my heart.  It's almost ready to spill out on to the workbench and become a silvered thing of quixotic proportions!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my meh pillow in your blog....although after looking through your shop I don't know how you could ever feel meh with the talent you have. Your jewelry is stunning....beyond any words I can pull out of my feeble brain! I am glad my description gave you a good laugh...I never know if anyone actually reads descriptions...glad you did :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog post! YellowBug makes such fabulous pillows, and yes I read the descriptions! Good luck with your Etsy shop, I am off to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shop is stunning, but I can see why you'd feel like 'meh' every once in a while! I love YellowBug's descriptions - a great antidote for the gray days of fall!
    ByTheWay.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments Yellow Bug, Laughing Fridge and Jaci! I'm glad we are all agreed on the genius product descriptions over in the Yellow Bug Boutique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...