Sunday, October 24, 2010

Something different Sunday - The Sketchbook Project 2011

With six pages completed this week and I am rapidly approaching the middle stitched binding of the moleskine.  


Pages 24 and 25, The Sketchbook Project 2011 by Cari-Jane Hakes


There has been a request on twitter from Art House Co-op (who run The Sketchbook Project 2011) for people to link to information on how they rebound their sketchbooks.  The paper in the moleskine sketchbook is incredibly thin so I can understand why certain artists would rebind the book with paper they were more used to working on.  I decided not to rebind but have had to perform all manner of paper tricks to keep the pages legible and clear.


Pages 26 and 27, The Sketchbook Project 2011 by Cari-Jane Hakes


I will do an entry later in the week with all the materials I use along with tips on how to live in harmony with your moleskine.


Pages 28 and 29, The Sketchbook Project 2011 by Cari-Jane Hakes


At the outset of this project I was concerned that I would have enough 'nighttime stories' to fill the book. With the girl just about to embark on her search as I prepare the hit the halfway mark I'm worried now that there won't be enough room for all her travels!


May be I will just have to do a sequel.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog - and your very timely post. I was struggling with motivated to write and then discovered National Novel Writing Month - so now I'm all amped to spend the 30 days and 30 nights of November writing a manuscript.

    Love you blog, would be great if you stopped by mine sometime.

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's the beauty of the 'deadline'. That is a good one Andrea...I will have to make up my own deadline (these are often not the best as it is too easy to make up a new deadline when the original one isn't met) or search out a new exhibition opportunity. Off to check out your blog! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...