Sunday, October 10, 2010

Something different Sunday - The Sketchbook Project 2011

I stepped up the production on The Sketchbook Project 2011 this week (for more information click The Art House Co-op).  Partly in response to the realisation that I was on page 15 (there are around 40 pages in the Moleskine sketchbook that Art House send you).  I did another page on the 'Shipping Forecast' theme using a printed report of the actual forecast from the day I started the map (see here).
Pages 16 & 17, The Sketchbook Project 2011 by Cari-Jane Hakes
Waves, lots of waves, for Julian, The Sketchbook Project 2011 by Cari-Jane Hakes
I put in an extra little half page in this spread with some good sized waves for my husband.  He surfs whenever he can. In fact, as I write, this is exactly what he is doing.
This week, I revisited page 11 and revamped it with this new background
Page 11, version 2, The Sketchbook Project by Cari-Jane Hakes
You can see my first effort here.  I think this version is much better.  I was always a bit unhappy with the obvious coloured pencil lines on the previous version.  
Pages 18 & 19 The Sketchbook Project by Cari-Jane Hakes
So, she is finally finished packing and can begin on her quest for 'home'.  I decided to start working with the double page spread rather than cramming everything onto single pages.  I like a good bit of negative space round my drawings and text.
detail on page 19, The Sketchbook Project by Cari-Jane Hakes
Pages 20 & 21, The Sketchbook Project by Cari-Jane Hakes
It reads "with her handwriting obscured by the strike of a key against an inked ribbon, no one would suspect that she was indeed a small girl.  This made her smile"
I wonder where she will go?  At least she will have Cedric to keep her company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...