Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whistle while you work

Actually, for the record, I don't.  I do however LISTEN while I work.  I listen to a lot of things.  I even have a fond 'listening' memory.  A rare couple of days off from a rather stressful corporate job.  I found myself, alone, stripping paint from a Victorian cornice listening to that Bastion of Britishness, BBC Radio 4.  

Lunastrella Radio Print by John W Golden

I was happy.  I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if I had a job where I could listen to Radio 4 and work.  Honestly, it doesn't take much to make me happy.  I am a very low maintenance woman.  

Silvertone Radio-Fine Art Photo by paraphrase

In my workshop, my radio will chatter to me while a file away creating expensive silver dust.  My radio teaches me French.  And at night, there is nothing better than finishing the day with the Shipping Forecast.  It has a poetic cadence that allows a magical circumnavigation to occur in my mind around the British Isles, with brief glancing touches on other islands and mainland Europe.
Taken from the BBC Weather site
Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...