Friday, September 24, 2010

A time for everything.

Sometimes I like my jewellery to be fierce.  Like armour. Projecting a 'don't mess with me' message.  At other times I like my jewellery to have a curious feel to it.  Little details that spark a desire to inspect it more closely.  But then, sometimes, just sometimes, I just want it to be pretty.  Is that such a crime?
Hydrangea and Silk Organza transparent memory locket by Cari-Jane Hakes (from A Stitch in Time Saves Nine series)
Ingredients: Sterling Silver, Paper, Dragonfly silk organza fabric by Clarissa Hulse
I have been wanting to somehow incorporate Clarissa Hulse's beautiful fabric into my jewellery for some time now.  This was the perfect project to show it off.  
Detail of pendant by Cari-Jane Hakes
The design started when I began thinking about creating a transparent locket.  This led to the vintage styling of the pendant.  The sheerness of the silk organza means that it beautifully layers up with the hydrangea image. 
Detail of back plate by Cari-Jane Hakes
The back plate is made from recycled sterling silver.  This gives it a fabulous texture and really adds to the vintage feel.  The text reads 'A stitch in time saves nine  one two three four five six seven'.
Pendant fine silver bezel detail by Cari-Jane Hakes
I gave it one little extra piece of silver to hang from the bottom.  A pendulum measuring the passing of time and generations.
Hydrangea and Silk Organza transparent memory locket by Cari-Jane Hakes
Every now and then we all just need something beautiful.  I'll be listing this in the Etsy shop over the weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Mmh, I will be looking at the Etsy shop over the weekend! This is beautiful and I have the most amazing pink hydrangea in my garden at the moment. Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Mrs. L. I have just had to chop all the heads off mine (on your recommendation), mine are beginning to hibernate just as yours are coming into full bloom! Maybe that is why I had to create this necklace - to remind me of their beauty and that spring will come again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...