Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Sketchbook Project 2011 - Something different Sunday

I signed up for the Sketchbook Project 2011 after reading about it on Geninne's Art Blog (which is a beautifully presented blog that I always enjoy visiting).  I've chosen the 'Nighttime Stories' theme and now just need to wait for my Moleskine sketch book to arrive and then I can get started. 

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

When my sketchbook is full I will be sending it back to the States - it will go on tour - and will then end up in the permanent collection at The Brooklyn Art Library in New York. If you live in New York you will even be able to borrow any of the sketchbooks and take them home for a few days! I think this is why I chose the 'Nighttime Stories' theme. It will be a challenge to link all the sketches with a narrative but I hope it will make for an interesting read. What an amazing project. What a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...