Sunday, August 29, 2010

Something different Sunday - The Sketchbook Project 2011

Inside cover and first page,  Cari-Jane Hakes, The Sketchbook Project 2011
Spoof copyright and Contents page, Cari-Jane Hakes, The Sketchbook Project 2011
Page 6, Cari-Jane Hakes, The Sketchbook Project 2011
Page 7, Cari-Jane Hakes, The Sketchbook Project 2011
Cedric's debut, Cari-Jane Hakes, The Sketchbook Project 2011
Following on from last week I filled in the pages before and after the first narrative page (to see this post click here). Cedric the newt is my favourite page so far.  Beyond the pages of my sketchbook he actually exists!  I based my illustration on the handmade soft toy created in Suffolk, UK by a company called 'Owl'.  You can find their shop on the Not On The High Street site here.

4 comments:

  1. Your spoof copyright seems really legitimate. Where'd you learn to write one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spoof copyright is just an altered book page - torn out of an existing book, painted over with acrylic and then modified to have my name. Easy. Not sure it would stand up in a court of law though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, I agree, Cedric is adorable (but eats too many chocolate eclairs, this comes later on in the story though)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...