Thursday, August 19, 2010

The D.A.D. project

I finished these beautiful baubles last night.  Today they will begin their long voyage to Canada.  They are being donated to the 'Drawing a Day Project' which is run by two sisters, Serena and Emily.  They began the project as a tribute to their father who has been fighting stage 4 colon cancer since May 2009.  Serena and Emily turned the hopelessness that they felt following the diagnosis into positive action.  I am really pleased that I can use my skills to contribute to this project.
Perfectly Pretty and Pure earrings by Cari-Jane Hakes

For more information about the D.A.D. project please visit Emily and Serena' s Etsy shop here.  For more about Serena visit her site Serena Draws.  For more about Emily visit here website here



3 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous, Cari — and I can't wait to see them in person. Thanks so much for helping us out!!

    High fives.
    mchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up...and chose the Greatest Story Ever Told...
    Can I add you to my list on my blog? I have a page dedicated to participants...so we can all stay conected!
    LOVE yours so far!!!
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char
    Am very happy to be included on your blog! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...