Friday, August 27, 2010

connections



Spiral by Margaret Oomen  on flickr
The first time I saw Margaret Oomen's crocheted stones I was mesmerised by their delicate uniqueness.  
As I photographed the new necklaces that I finished yesterday - I realised there was a connection.  The tiny pebbles, the small drilled holes and the delicate lace texture applied to the silver ellipse - they are an echo of sorts, in miniature, in elemental form, of Margaret's stones.
Eye Spy circular pebble necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes
Eye Spy pebble necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes
Design is never a linear process.  Sometimes, it is only when you look back, that you see the pattern your thoughts took and how they became knitted together to create the object sitting in your hands.

Footnote: you can find Margaret's exclusive Crocheted Stone pattern on The Purl Bee (the blog of the famous 'Purl Soho' knitting shop in New York).

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...