Saturday, July 31, 2010

Running to stand still


"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else — if you run very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" 
Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

I stopped running today.  I've been running to stand still for some time now.  And today I gave myself permission to stop.  
I went 'fishing' and caught some fairly sizable specimens!
I watched men being birds.
And trapped sunlight in my lens.



And hung a string of seed pods in the window, layered against a field of sunflowers and the wind turbines beyond.
I'll be ready to start running again...tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. my quest is to be able to crochet, read and listen to music all at the same time as I was able to do with knitting.
    Only been hooking for just over two years now so I guess it will take a little longer.
    I love your jewelry designs. Especially the pebble ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margie! And yes, I agree, knitting is just the best thing - watching a good film and still making and creating - neither activity is compromised.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...