Thursday, May 27, 2010

What kind of music do you listen to?




Over on Scoutie Girl yesterday the topic of the 'we scout wednesday' post was on what you listen to when you are working creatively.  After much deliberation, I have managed to narrow the vast array of musical whims down to this single salient song.  It is taken from one of my favourite films 'Once' which stars the actors / musicians Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová.  The song has, for me, an important message in the chorus that echos the words my Grandpa wrote to me in a letter following a bitter disappointment in my life.  He told me "You've still got time". To emphasise the message, he sent me a watch he had picked up in the local Oxfam charity shop where he volunteered.  It is always good for me to remember his words because they helped me during that difficult time and they help me now when I sit down to create and design and make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...